What are Your 2017 Highlights?
Lookin’ at 2017 like “Sorry baby but your time is up!”
OMG, another year down guys! Waiting to say hello to 2018 with open arms and a whole lot of possibilities! It’s almost hard to believe but yet, here we are. 2017 has been one of my best years, with the ups and downs and milestones that I encountered, but you know what? I’ve realized every year just gets better and better.
They’re sure as hell not perfect, but I truly see myself feeling happier and being one step closer to achieving everything I want. The year that started this was the ending of 2013 and the beginning of 2014. My years are just getting better with every one that passes by. It’s been a long journey but it’s been so worth it to see how far I’ve come as a woman and as a person.
Let’s look at some of my 2017 Highlights
- I turned 21! Don’t really like alcohol but give me a frozen strawberry Margarita and I’m all set
- Took my first cousins trip to New Hampshire with my dads side of the family and my first cousins night out with my moms side of the family.
- Fell in love with Ed Sheeran’s and Demi Lovato’s new albums- they are killin’ it.
- We moved into our new home after 4 years of living in an apartment which allowed us to host Christmas and Thanksgiving this year.
- I crossed off of my bucket list seeing BRIAN MCKNIGHT in concert! (Practically had a heart attack all thanks to my beautiful godmother. Best present ever!)
- Introduced a new member to my dad’s side of the family: Baby Caleb!
- Played my first amateur golf game at a country club (just for fun because I’m not athletic, ha)
- Got to go actual clubbing for the first time with my cousin’s to celebrate Colombia’s Independence Day
- Was able to spend the summer with my Guardian Angel, grandma in Colombia (who I miss terribly)
- Last but not least, not only has my relationship with God gotten closer and deeper, He gave me what I’ve been searching for my whole life which is the gift of Triumphant
Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.Corrie ten Boom
To say I’ve been blessed this year is an understatement. To say I’m blessed in general just doesn’t do it justice. Before, I was terrified of a new year beginning because I felt like a new year would only bring new sufferings into my life. Now, I’m anxious for every fresh start because greater things are coming for me and for my family. I feel it, I believe it, I declare it and it’s been confirmed one too many times. The obstacles won’t scare me because I’ll have Him to carry me through it all.
The obstacles won’t scare me
Goodbye 2017, you were a good one. What are your 2017 highlights? 🙂